Tradesmen Insurance

Designed for sole traders with small teams or just a one man band, Tradesman insurance can vary according to the different types of trades available. Some may need higher levels of cover than others, they may work primarily in business premises or focus on working in people’s homes. Because of this our team can tailor policies to your trade needs, but there are still types of cover that are popular across most trades.  

Typical cover includes: 

  • Public Liability 

    PL insurance provides financial protection in the event that someone takes legal action against you for damage or injury. Your job will most likely mean working closely with the general public, and as your tools are your trade the risk or injuring someone or damaging property can be high, making PL insurance very important to your business.   

  • Employer’s Liability 

    Whether staff are full or part time, permanent, temporary or voluntary, you are legally obliged to take out employers’ liability insurance, which protects your employees if they suffer an injury or loss as a result of your business.  

  •  Tools Cover 

    Your tools are your trade, without them you are unable to carry out your services which means you are going to lose money. Tools cover will cover the cost of replacing your tools in the event of theft.  

  • Contract works  

    This type of cover can cover the cost of repairing or restarting work if it is damaged or destroyed whilst in progress.   

  • Own Plant  

    If you own machinery like mini diggers or cement mixers and they are stolen, your insurance will cover the cost of a replacement. 

  • Hired in plant  

    If you are hiring machinery for a project and it gets stolen, you could still get charged by hire company for the item until it gets replaced. This insurance protects you from these costs by providing a replacement.   

  • Tools

    It can cost a substantial sum to replace your tools if they are stolen and without them you will not be able to do your job. This extension will provide cover as long as your tools are locked up out of working hours and not kept in your van. 

  •  Professional Indemnity 

    This can be a valuable extension of cover if you do any design work yourself, for example, if you are doing a small extension or rewiring a property as it will cover you if you have a claim made against you for financial loss arising from the design work being defective in some way.

Request a call back

By ticking this box you agree to receive correspondence emails and telephone calls from Tasker Insurance Brokers.
Privacy Policy
meet the team
Jon Neal
Account Executive
Stuart Thake
Sales Director