Whether you run a smaller hotel or a larger one you will be dealing with the general public with the  aim of providing a quality service to your guests. Due to the busy nature of running a hotel there are many risks associated and you need to make sure that you have the right level of cover in place to protect yourself, your property and your guests.

Cover includes: 

  • Buildings and Contents

    Buildings & Contents insurance protects your business in the event of damage by a range of perils including fire, flood, theft, burst pipes or storms.

  • Business Interruption    

    When your business suffers damage, this can have a knock on effect on the income of the business. Business Interruption is there to help you financially and assist with getting your business back up and running. Choosing an indemnity period, the time for which you can claim these costs is important, demolition, debris removal, planning and the reinstatement of the building all takes time, typically we would expect a 24 month indemnity period on a hotel. 

  • Public Liability

    Public liability insurance protects you if a member of the public suffers an injury or if any of their property is damaged because of your business. It will cover legal costs and any compensation claims if your business is found to be at fault.  

  • Employers’ Liability

    Whether your staff are full or part time, permanent, temporary or voluntary, you are legally obliged to have in place employers’ liability insurance, which protects employees if they sustain an injury or illness as a result of their work for you. This cover is a legal requirement if you employ one or more people. 

  • Personal Belongings 

    This cover insures you against loss or damage to your guests’ and employees’ personal possessions, if you’re legally liable. 

  • Legal Expenses 

    Legal expenses can protect the business against the cost of taking legal action should a number of situations arise. These include, Employment disputes, contract disputes, property disputes, criminal prosecution defence, health and safety prosecution. 

  • Accidental Damage including Glass 

    Accidental damage can protect your property including your contents against incidents like breakages. It will cover the repair or replacement of the damaged item. 

  • Loss of Premises License  

    A premises licence is a permanent licence granted for a specific location, that authorises the holder to sell alcohol. As a business that benefits from an alcohol licence, the council could revoke this due to circumstances beyond your control, for example, crime and disorder. Loss of Premises Licence cover can provide assistance in defending a decision to remove or revoke your licence and cover the loss in depreciation in the value of your building should it lose its licence.

  • Terrorism 

    The need for insuring against acts of terrorism is more prevalent than ever with the UK on a Severe level of threat for the majority of the past 12 years. Cover can include loss of income as well as the physical damage to property and contents. Policies we provide can cover acts of sabotage as well as lone wolf style attacks.   

  • D&O

    Directors & Officers Liability offers financial protection for company managers for claims emanating from decisions and actions they make including breach of trust, breach of duty or wrongful trading. We have limits starting at £100,000 anyone claim. 

  • Inspection

    Most plant and machinery requires regular inspection to ensure that it complies with the appropriate legislation, for example a passenger lift requires an inspection every 6 months. Cover includes sudden and unforeseen damage. 

Request a call back

By ticking this box you agree to receive correspondence emails and telephone calls from Tasker Insurance Brokers.
Privacy Policy
meet the team
Mike Hilder
Account Director
Maisie Everett
Account Executive