The combination of alcohol and varying opening hours means that running a bar comes with a higher risk than other businesses. This means that it can make it harder to get competitive insurance, which is why you need an expert broker who understands the unique needs of your business. Our team has been working within this industry for many years and know the associated risks you work with on a daily basis, which means we know how to help keep those risks low.

Standard Cover includes:

Buildings Contents and Stock:

Buildings & Contents insurance protects your business in the event of damage by a range of perils including fire, flood, theft, burst pipes or storms.

Public Liability:

Public liability insurance protects you if a member of the public suffers an injury or if any of their property is damaged because of your business. It will cover legal costs and any compensation claims if your business is found to be at fault. Dealing with customers that have consumed alcohol and could be dancing mean claims for slips and trips are very common, advice on how you can combat these claims coming in is key.

Employers’ Liability:

Whether your staff are full or part time, permanent, temporary or voluntary, you are legally obliged to have in place employers’ liability insurance, which protects employees if they sustain an injury or illness as a result of their work for you. This cover is a legal requirement if you employ one or more people.

Loss of premises license:

A premises licence is a permanent licence granted for a specific location, that authorises the holder to sell alcohol. As a business that benefits from an alcohol licence, the council could revoke this due to circumstances beyond your control, for example, crime and disorder. Loss of Premises Licence cover can provide assistance in defending a decision to remove or revoke your licence and cover the loss in depreciation in the value of your building should it lose its licence.

Available Extensions:

  • Legal expenses

    Legal expenses can protect the business against the cost of taking legal action should a number of situations arise. These include, Employment disputes, contract disputes, property disputes, criminal prosecution defence, health and safety prosecution.


  • Terrorism

    The need for insuring against acts of terrorism is more prevalent than ever with the UK on a Severe level of threat for the majority of the past 12 years. Cover can include loss of income as well as the physical damage to property and contents. Policies we provide can cover acts of sabotage as well as lone wolf style attacks.

  • Cover can include

    Cover can include:

    • Acts of sabotage
    • Acts of terrorism
    • Denial of access
    • Damage to your building
    • Loss of earnings
    • Utilities due to terrorist attack
  • D&O

    Directors & Officers Liability offers financial protection for company managers for claims emanating from decisions and actions they make including breach of trust, breach of duty or wrongful trading. We have limits starting at £100,000 anyone claim.

  • Inspection

    Most plant and machinery requires regular inspection to ensure that it complies with the appropriate legislation, for example a passenger lift requires an inspection every 6 months. Cover includes sudden and unforeseen damage.

Request a call back

By ticking this box you agree to receive correspondence emails and telephone calls from Tasker Insurance Brokers.
Privacy Policy
meet the team
Mike Hilder
Account Director
Maisie Everett
Account Executive